PREPARE FOR THE WORST, HOPE FOR THE BEST.
June 1 marked the start of hurricane season here in Central Florida and peak-season arrives mid-August. It is a priority to make a plan and prepare your home and family for the potential arrival of a tropical system. A pre-determined plan that is properly executed can protect your family and properties. HD Roofing and Construction help you by providing you with the FEMA Family Emergency Communication Plan that you can use; please download, fill and customized to your needs.
When faced with an emergency roof repair, HD Roofing is here to help. DISASTER CAN STRIKE ANYTIME! WE ARE READY!
We’re here for 24/7 emergency roof repairs.
As Floridians, we all know that Hurricanes and Storms can cause massive damage to a roof. Even a typical North Central Florida storm or strong winds could cause unexpected damage to a roof. When faced with the unexpected, HD Roofing and Construction offers 24/7 emergency roof services to help get your building watertight after disaster strikes. We have emergency roofing experience with every severe weather event and hurricane that has occurred in North Central Florida since 1976.
Mother Nature’s wrath can be unexpected.
To help get your roof watertight until a. more permanent repair can be made, a quick roof repair or protective cover could be installed to help prevent further damage. In Florida, hurricane-force winds can tear shingles and other roofing membranes from your roof and expose its substrate – compromising your roof system, we ate HD Roofing and Construction are experts in all these cases. Residential and commercial roofs may experience damage from wind lift, animals, lightning, fallen trees, and debris. Once the roof system is compromised, water may infiltrate quickly.
Contact local, trust local, HD Roofing and Construction is here and available 24/7
HD Roofing and Construction has a dedicated Roof Service Department that maintains and repairs most types of residential and commercial roof systems throughout Central Florida, including all the space coast and the surrounding areas. Roof systems we typically service includes Steep slope, flat roofs, shingle, PVC, TPO, roof coatings, metal, modified bitumen, and EPDM, Tile and more.
Address: 1275 Bennett Dr #200, Longwood, FL 32750
Ever heard the term, storm chaser? Well, they really do exist and it’s not uncommon after bad storms hit an area, that unscrupulous contractors will try to take advantage of the situation. Whether they are from out of state and looking for an easy business or are ill-qualified local contractors trying to make a quick buck from those in need—far too many homeowners fall victim to predatory business practices! Most of these companies are here only to take your insurance money, perform a simple repair with promises to return, and are never seen again. To ensure your home is repaired properly, hire a local contractor that is licensed, bonded, insured and offers in-house warranties alongside any applicable product warranties.
How to Recognize And Avoid Predatory Contractors After A Storms
High-Pressure Sales Tactics
If you get a contractor or salesman knock on your door after a big storm, ask to see their state licensing, insurance, and bond information. That way you can quickly weed out the reputable from the not- reputable. Another thing to keep in mind is that legitimate roofing and home restoration companies use local canvassing as a sales tactic, and so if someone knocks on your door it doesn’t always mean they are shady.
Non Local Contractors
If a contractor shows up at your door and is in a truck or van with out of state plates or has graphics on the vehicle suggesting storm damage, it is also likely they are only out for a quick and easy sale and will not be around to finish or guarantee their work.
Push to Sign a Contract Before an Inspection
No reputable contractor will show up and talk you into signing a contract without inspecting your roof and writing up a formal estimate. Professionals do not ‘eyeball’ the problem and pull a number out of nowhere.
How to Avoid These Scammers
If someone shows up at your door uninvited after your home has received damage, ask where their corporate office located. Also, ask for their main office number. Check to see if they belong to your local chamber of commerce. Also ask to see their state licensing, insurance, and bond information. Reputable local contractors will have no problem showing you this information and should have copies of these documents on hand. Search their company name online to get a feel for what areas they service and how well they are reviewed.
Tips from the BBB on Selecting a Contractor
- Don’t be pressured into making an immediate decision with a long-term impact. Be proactive in selecting a business and not reactive to direct door to door sales solicitations.
- For major repairs, take time to shop around and get 3-4 estimates based on the same specifications and materials. Check out references that are at least one year old, verify with your local government to find out whether or not businesses are required to be licensed/registered to do work in your area, and check with your local building inspector to see if a building permit is required.
- Be wary of door-to-door workers who claim to have leftover materials from a job “down the street” or who do not have a permanent place of business.
- Be leery if a worker shows up on your doorstep to announce that your home is unsafe. If you are concerned about possible structural damage in your home, have an engineer, architect or building official inspect it. While most roofing contractors abide by the law, be careful allowing someone you do not know inspect your roof. An unethical contractor may actually create damage to get work.
- Require a written contract agreement with anyone you hire. Be sure their name, address, license number, if applicable, and phone number are included in the contract. Read and understand the contract in its entirety, and don’t sign a blank contract. A copy of the signed contract is to be given to you at the time of signature.
If you have experienced storm damage and need a reputable, local roofing contractor, HD Roofing and Construction is more than happy to come and inspect your property, we are all about customer’s satisfaction! Contact us for a no-cost, no-obligation consultation today!
Address: 1275 Bennett Dr #200, Longwood, FL 32750
24/7 Roof Emergency Services