If you live in Florida, you have a great opportunity to go solar. The Sunshine State lives up to its name with 237 sunny days per year on average. This makes Florida one of the best places in the US for solar energy production. But how much can you save with solar in Florida in 2023? What are the benefits of going solar in Florida? And how can you find the best solar panel company and system for your home?
This article will answer these questions and more. You will also get some tips and resources to help you make the most of your solar investment in the state.
Benefits of Going Solar in Florida
Solar power is a clean and renewable source of energy that can also save you money and increase your home value. Here are some of the main benefits of going solar in Florida:
- Lower your utility bills: You can generate your own electricity with solar panels on your roof and power your home appliances, lights, and devices. This reduces or eliminates your dependence on the grid and lowers your utility bills. Forbes says that a 5kW solar panel system in Florida pays for itself in a little more than 10 years. After that, you can enjoy the utility bill savings every month.
- Make money from net metering: You can sell any excess electricity that your solar panels produce back to the grid at a fair rate. This earns you credits on your utility bill and offsets the cost of your solar system. Florida has a strong net metering policy that applies to all customers who have solar systems up to 2 MW in size. Net metering is one of the best incentives for going solar in Florida, as it boosts your savings and shortens your payback period.
- Boost your home value: Solar panels not only save you money, but also increase your home value. Studies show that homes with solar panels sell faster and for more money than homes without them. This is because solar panels attract potential buyers who want energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly features. Zillow says that homes with solar panels in Florida sell for 4.1% more than comparable homes without them.
- Protect yourself from power outages: Power outages are common in Florida, especially during hurricane season. You can have backup power for your essential appliances and devices with solar panels and battery storage. Battery storage lets you store excess solar energy during the day and use it at night or during emergencies. This gives you uninterrupted power supply and peace of mind.
- Clean up Florida’s energy mix: You benefit yourself, the environment, and the community by going solar. Solar energy is a clean and renewable source of energy that does not emit greenhouse gasses or pollutants that cause climate change and air pollution. You can reduce your carbon footprint and help Florida transition to a cleaner and greener energy future by switching to solar.
Is Solar Worth It in Florida in 2023?
Solar is worth it in Florida in 2023. You can enjoy many benefits from solar power, such as:
- Abundant sun
- Low installation costs
- Strong net metering policy
- Increased home value
- Backup power
- Environmental benefits
Factors to Consider Before Going Solar in Florida.
Solar power can save you money and help the planet. But you need to think about some factors that can affect your solar savings and performance, such as:
- Electricity usage: You can save more by going solar if you use more electricity. You can check your past utility bills or use an online calculator to estimate how much electricity you use. You should also think about how your electricity usage might change in the future because of lifestyle changes or home improvements.
- Roof size, shape, and orientation: Your roof affects how many solar panels you can install and how much sun they can get. A large, flat, south-facing roof with no shade or obstructions is ideal for solar. But you can still go solar if your roof is not ideal. You can use different types of panels or mounting systems that can work with different roof conditions.
- Solar panel system size, type, and quality: Your solar panel system affects how much electricity it can make and how long it can last. You should choose a solar panel system that suits your electricity needs, budget, and roof characteristics. You should also look for high-quality panels that have high efficiency, durability, and warranty. You can compare different types of solar panels and their pros and cons here.
- The solar panel company: The solar panel company affects your solar experience. You should look for a company that is reputable, experienced, and certified. You should also look for a company that has competitive prices, quality products, and excellent customer service. You should check the reviews and ratings of different solar companies in your area and ask for references and quotes from at least three of them.
How to Choose the Best Florida Solar Panel Company.
You may find it hard to choose the best Florida solar panel company, as there are many factors and options to consider. But you can follow these simple steps to make it easier:
- Do your research: Learn the basics of solar power, the benefits and costs of going solar in Florida, the incentives and policies that apply to you, and the questions that you should ask any solar company. Do this before you contact any solar company.
- Get multiple quotes: Compare different quotes from solar companies in your area. Look at the price, quality, warranty, and reputation of the solar company and the solar system.
- Check the credentials: Look for proper licenses, certifications, insurance, and accreditation from the solar companies that you like. Check their ratings and reviews on websites like Better Business Bureau, Angie’s List, or Google. Ask for references from their past customers and contact them for feedback.
- Negotiate the contract: Read the contract carefully and make sure it has all the details and terms that you agreed on. Look for any hidden fees or clauses that might affect your rights or obligations. Ask for clarification or modification if anything is unclear or unfavorable.
Solar power can benefit you in many ways. For example, you can save money, increase your home value, avoid power outages, and make Florida’s energy cleaner. You might be wondering: Is Solar Worth It in Florida? The answer is yes, solar power is a good choice in Florida in 2023. However, you should think about some factors that can change your solar savings and performance, such as your roof size, orientation, shading, electricity usage, and utility rates.
To get the most out of your solar investment, you need to choose the right solar panel system and company for your home. How can you do that? Here are some steps you can follow: You can research different types of solar panels and inverters, compare quotes from multiple solar installers, check their credentials and reviews, and negotiate contracts that suit your needs and budget.
We hope this article has helped you learn about the benefits of going solar in Florida and how to do it. If you have any questions or feedback, please leave a comment below. We would love to hear from you!